Tuesday, March 19, 2013

GIMP: Desaturated/Colorized Images

Hello Everyone,

Today, I worked on a couple of images using GIMP.  Here is my work.


This image was created using a floating layer and took away the colors from the image.  Using an eraser to bring back a section, as you can see, of color.  I used several techniques that gave this image a uniqueness like no other.  I know we all know that his is a horse, but I put the word on the image and used the the bump map to bring the word upwards on the image.






This was the first image that I did this week. I worked on this image and it was trial an error, until I was satisfied.  This image was created using layers and I took away the colors from the image and using the eraser to bring out the cheetah and cutting away the background.  I used a gradient to give a gradient to the background, as you can see.  I created a uniqueness to the word "cheetah" by using a different color and using the blending tool to give it this look.




Please enjoy :)


 

1 comment: